October 13, 2015
DIY Photoshop Emojis
Technically, these are larger than emojis, but they serve the same purpose.
1. Open the image you want to use in Photoshop. Double click the Background layer to unlock it.
2. Trace around the object with your preferred tool. I used the Lasso Tool.
3. Select the Inverse of the object and delete it.
4. You should have a transparent background around the object.
5. Crop your image.
6. Change your image size to about 75 x 75 pixels depending on the shape. I made the resolution 200 px/in.
7. Email your emojis to yourself. Copy and paste them into a note or text message on your phone. Whenever you want to use one of your created emojis, copy it then paste it into your message.
Tips and Tutorials