An American Girl doll joined our family, and she needed something to make her feel at home. Since she got some extra outfits, I thought an armoire was a good place to start.
1. You'll need a cardboard box with folding lid, knife, dowel rod, velcro, hot glue gun, and felt/paint/washi tape for decoration.
2. Cut any side flaps off of the sides of box lid.
3. You should be left with the main lid and front flap.
4. Cut a notch into the lid.
5. Add velcro.
6. Measure your dowel rod against the width of the box.
7. Cut the dowel rod.
8. Glue the dowel rod inside the box near the top.
Now, feel free to decorate your armoire. I used felt for this one.